We are currently looking for a Graduate Design Engineer to join our team. We are a flexible fast paced mechanical engineering consultancy who works across a wide range of industries such as Aerospace, Automated Machinery, Marine, Sub Sea and Theatrical Effects for a variety of blue-chip customers.
Our Graduate Design Engineer will be responsible for producing designs, calculations and drawings.
- Generating drawings using various design applications
- Design to cost and keeping within project timescales
- Organising and maintaining engineering records
- Ensuring components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry & business standards
- Producing calculations for correct material selection
- Communicating with Customers
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, Engineering Technology or other related Engineering Courses.
- Preferable BEng or MEng degree but will accept HND, HNC. NQV, SVQ & BTEC qualifications.
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Word & Excel)
- 3D CAD Literate
- At least 1 year’s experience in industry
- Good understanding of dynamics and mechanics
- Good written and oral communications communication skills
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Being analytical, amicable and responsible
- Ability to work both as part of a team and self-motivated to work alone
- An appreciation of business demands including commercial awareness
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Flexi Time
- 33 Days Annual Holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Pension and Free Life Insurance
- Continuous professional development by agreement
Salary: Competitive – dependant on experience