Amtek is recruiting for a Graduate Design Engineer to join their engineering team.
Amtek is an on-demand, problem solving engineering consultancy. It’s a place where clever engineers use fresh eyes, creative brains, extensive engineering experience and state-of-the-art software to help customers solve complex problems to create competitive advantage and reduce costs.
The successful candidate will work as part of the design team under the supervision of the Senior and Mechanical Design Engineers to solve engineering problems, produce designs and detailed technical drawings using a range of CAD packages to meet the customers needs.
• Generating drawings using various design applications.
• Working to agreed project timescales.
• Use CAD software to create models and drawings of products.
• Organising and maintaining engineering records.
• Produce CAD concepts and designs.
• Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards.
• Produce calculations for correct material selection.
• Communicating with customers.
• Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
• Participating in Client/Contractor meetings.
• Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, Engineering Technology or other related Engineering Courses.
• Preferable MEng or BEng degree but will accept MSc, BSc, HND, HNC, NVQ (Level 4) qualification.
• A good understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Word & Excel)
- Flexi Time
- 33 Days Annual Holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Pension and Free Life Insurance
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Continuous professional development